The SISMAR project consists in the development of a risk analysis support system for sea operations based on prediction and monitoring of the marine environment and vessel location, promoting a significant increase in inland waters safety. Thus, the specific objectives of this project are to:
- Develop and install a visibility measurement system to mitigate the high risk to maritime navigation due to the absence of this information;
- Develop and install a system for monitoring the location and depth of fishing and recreational vessels, which allows the construction of a navigable route database and consequently the sharing of navigation experiences;
- Test and validate the system in Ria de Aveiro lagoon, and analyse its replication to other areas of the Portuguese coast.
The system to be developed will include:
- The meteorological and oceanographic forecast system for the Aveiro region, based on the AQUASAFE platform;
- Historical location AIS data;
- A location and depth monitoring system to be installed on recreational and fishing vessels;
- A visibility measurement and prediction system.